From:
"<BRUNO>" <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
<BRUNO>
Date:
Wed, 28 Feb 1996 00:17:41 -0500
Having nothing better to do with my life, i started flipping around
websites till my fingers fell off..and stumbled on something that reminded
me of an old thread, awhile back.  i was in the IVY LEAGUE homepage and was
readnig through the history part..and well here's what I learned.

The Ivy League schools got together becasue of a common attitude towards
academic excellence and athletic prowess, in that order.  Although the
schools have been playing eachother since...the Earth was still flat....the
resolution became offical in the 50's.

the point being that the group of 8 banded together to maintain a certain
balance between what they felt was a good balance of academic/sports, but
also that sports be an integral part of the education.
A SPORT FOR EVERY MAN (PERSON), A MAN (PERSON) FOR EVERY SPORT (Brown alum
quote I am guessing)

So..what the hell does this have to do with College Hockey?
Maybe the ECAC schools also have a commitment to what constitutes maximum
academic experience, and of course opportunities to compete in athletics.
That is why perhaps ECAC schools do not play 5,000 games and begin practice
in June.

Random thoughts.....sorry for the digression.