From:
Dave Hendrickson <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Dave Hendrickson <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 12 Jan 1996 10:01:54 EST
John Edwards asked:
> Does anyone have any idea how many U.S. players were pre-college players?
> No Canadians fall under this scenario, since they've all played Major Jr.

Five U.S. players were pre-college but I believe at least three of them have
already committed to some college program.  The five are:

Ben Clymer
Tom Poti
Peter Ratchuk
Adam Edinger
Jeff Farkas

Farkas has committed to BC, Poti to BU, and I believe Clymer has committed
also, my guess would be to Minnesota, but I could be wrong on that one.  I
don't know about Ratchuk or Edinger.

BTW, my eleven year old had a practice at UMass-Lowell's rink last night and
even though we took the ice immediately after the RiverHawks, I'm not counting
it as a campus visit.  :-)

DaveH