From:
Carl Streeter <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Carl Streeter <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 5 Dec 1995 09:23:14 -0600
On Mon, 4 Dec 1995, John Patterson wrote:

> I'd be willing to bet that most of the people talking about how bad the
> officials are have never even been on the ice, let alone worn the stripes
> for a game.

Well, I don't know that anyone can really complain about the officials,
as long as they are consistent-- both individually, and as a team.  If
you know what to expect, it doesn't really matter how loose or tight you
call the game (with exceptions, of course).

Both in playing and officiating multiple sports, the officials I've
respected are those you can predict.

Now, I must say, that I've seen more than one game in college hockey
where this is not the case, and those I consider "bad".  It has nothing
to do with any one missed, or "blown" call.

Carl Streeter                     |  "I'll forgive even GNU emacs as long
[log in to unmask]          |     as gcc is available" --Linus Torvalds
Just another Perl hacker          |  "You've got a body in the garage, minus
Ask me about Debian/GNU Linux.    |     a head.  Take me to it."  --The Wolf