From:
Father Christmas <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Father Christmas <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 3 Dec 1995 14:09:28 -0500
While at the BU/UMass game last night, I became engaged in a
conversation about the quality of BU's top goalie, Tom Noble.  One of the
"fans" sitting behind me in the newly listless section 8, was carrying on
making his usual empty-headed opinions.  Something he said caught my
attention about midway through the second period, which sparked a debate
between this fan, myself and a few people sitting around us.  This guy is
of the opinion that Noble is not a very good goalie.  I would have to
disagree.  I'll spare you the details of the debate, but for the most
part, he was basing his argument on the relatively shaky start Noble had
this year and then even started criticizing his play last year.  For the
remainder of the game, Noble continued to make many saves of both the
spectacular and average variety, further solidifying my argument.  The
one argument he did make that made some sense to me was that Noble, on
average, doesn't face that many shots.  I contended, though, that the few
he does face are usually quality shots.  Although I believe my point was
made quite clearly, this disagreement has sparked a bit of intrigue.  I
was wondering what other fans of BU and Hockey East have to say about the
subject.  This is my little attempt to spark maybe an interesting debate,
so let's hear what you all have to say.

Thanks,

Tyler S. Cyr
(ever trying to bring life back to Section 8)
BU '97