From:
Dave Hendrickson <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Dave Hendrickson <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 29 Sep 1995 15:20:16 EDT
My favorite one was at the end of the HE semis two years ago.  BU and
UMass-Lowell had just won to advance to the finals.  BU fans Tony (Ogre)
Biscardi and Adam Bryant were in the opposite balcony and we caught each
other's eye.  Tony began gesturing "We want you!  We want you!"

I responded with my best John Wensink impersonation, beckoning them to "Come
on and take your best shot."  We all had a good laugh over that one.

(For those who don't get it, former Bruin John Wensink once went over to a
bench -- the North Stars perhaps? -- and gestured with his palms up and fingers
motioning to "come here", challenging the entire bench to take him on.  No one
on the bench moved.)

My least favorite memory was in the finals that ensued.  The BU fan known as
Sasquatch took off his shirt and ran around the Garden.  When he reached me
in the UML section, I felt compelled to take off *my* shirt and contest the
issue.  Unfortunately, Sasquatch had more hair on the back of his fingers
than I had on my chest.  :-(

*****************************************************        ,-******-,
* Dave Hendrickson "Robo" [log in to unmask] *     *'     ##     '*
*        A Hockey Polygamist and Get-A-Lifer        *   *##   ___##___   ##*
* GO BROONS!!!      Go Red Wings!!        Go Leafs! *  *   ##|   ___  \##   *
* GO UMASS-LOWELL!!!      Go BU!!         Go Maine! * *      |  |___)  |     *
* Although I can't remember ever having an original * *      |  |___)  |     *
* thought, and am certainly parroting someone who   *  *   ##|________/##   *
* actually has a brain, these opinions are mine,    *   *##      ##      ##*
* not Hewlett-Packard's.                            *     *,     ##     ,*