From:
Jeff Walden <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Jeff Walden <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 27 Sep 1995 16:39:00 PDT
    Amidst the precise statistical reasoning behind the message about the
competitiveness of schools, one important factor is left out: scholarships.
Even if Boston University is seen as egregiously difficult (I forgot the
adjective), I would seriously doubt they would not admit some drooling
neanderthal with an artificial plant for brains if he was the greatest
defenseman who ever skated the ice.  University integrity is admirable and
every school thinks they are the most respectable in that aspect, but face it,
nice guys finish last, bad guys are in the penalty box, and the great players
go to the Final Four (i.e.$$$).

    Your cynical note for the day.

                           Go SIOUX!!!!