From:
Sean Pickett <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Sean Pickett <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 19 Sep 1995 21:51:29 -0400
I wish to apologize to everyone who has been having problems and
delays accessing my BU web site over the past several weeks.  TIAC's
web server is currently overloaded, which is causing major headaches
for both TIAC and visitors to all the sites on their server.

Today I inquired into the continued excessive delays I have
personally been having accessing my site myself.  I was informed that
TIAC is in the process of slowly upgrading their web server while at
the same time keeping the server up and running.  I was not given any
firm date when the work is expected to be finished, but was told in
the next few weeks.

I was informed that when the upgrade is completed that the web server
will be much faster and able to handle a much heavier load without
becoming overburdened.  Hopefully the upgrade will be completed
before the seaon starts.

In the meantime please accept my apologies for any delays you may
encounter visiting the site.

Sean Pickett            E-mail: [log in to unmask]
Go Terriers  1995 NCAA, Hockey East and Beanpot Champions
BU Hockey:  http://www.tiac.net/users/spickett/hockey.html