From:
Doug Garn <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Sun, 26 Mar 1995 11:49:31 -0500
Some would use the term, "Hockey Get-A-Lifer." :-)  (courtesy of Dave
Hendrickson)

My wife cracked up over this one.

>There were some instances in the third period when I felt BU was being
>allowed to take some liberties that could have been called.  That
>might be what Crawford was referring to.  I don't know anything about
>any animosity between Shepherd and LSSU.

Crawford gave some reason for his feelings about Shepherd but heck if
I can remember exactly what he said.  I'll find out more.

>BTW, Jon Barkan, NC$$ Final Four party-thrower extraordinaire (prepare
>yourselves, those of you coming to Providence - you've never seen
>anything like this before), was on hand and did color with Crawford

And he did a fine job.

>                      In each game, their defense was outstanding and
>dictated the way they controlled the play.  Their strength has been
>forcing teams to dump it in and then having the Ds get to it first and
>quickly transition the breakout going the other way.  It keeps teams
>on the run all game and it's awful tough to counter

And that's what they did last night.

>BTW, once Blaine took a seat with his dad in the upper balcony, it
>didn't take long for the word to spread that he was there.  The guy
>has become a fan darling.  Kids kept running up to get his autograph
>and soon security had to start controlling who went up there.

GRIN.  Blaine is a very likeable guy and very easy to talk with.