From:
Mike Machnik <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Mike Machnik <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 20 Mar 1995 00:48:14 -0500
Brian Gentry writes:
>IMO, Noble got robbed last night.  He deserved the goalie position on the
>all-rookie team.  I would like to see Regan's numbers, particulary save%;
>I know his GAA must be high.

Here are the goalies' numbers after the regular season, which was when
the awards were voted on:

Tom Noble, BU: 2.92 GAA, .883 sv%
Brian Regan, UMA: 4.76 GAA, .877 sv%

I'm not sure whether Noble got robbed, but I did have a few BU fans
tell me that they believed Regan faced tougher competition overall
than Noble.  They did not seem distressed with Regan's selection.
There is no doubt that Noble had a better team in front of him than
Regan, too, so that must be taken into consideration.

I would have chosen Noble, but it was not an easy call...I was leaning
towards Regan at times.