From:
Leigh Torbin <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Leigh Torbin <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 14 Mar 1995 17:16:17 -0500
        Although Maine and BU might have the same point total, I believe
Maine has been declared HE Champs. My reason being that Saturday night at
Orono, comissioner Bob DeGregorio was on hand and after the game
presented Maine with the Hockey East Regular Season Championship trophy,
which they took for yet another Alfond Arena victory lap. With such a
limited number of tournament spaces, I doubt that the selection committee
would allow the possibility of THREE automatic HE seeds (IF UML or PC
pull off more upsets), plus shoe-in UNH. I'm sure that they only get one,
and the league seems to have bestowed that honor upon the University of
Maine Black Bears.

Leigh