From:
Ryan Robbins <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Ryan Robbins <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 8 Mar 1995 21:07:07 EST
In article <[log in to unmask]>, [log in to unmask] says:

>Therefore, more patience has to be used when this rare phenom occurs. In
>fact, it is essential to fair play. For example, if it is strictly enforced,
>all someone would have to do is throw something (chiken, Squid,
>Hotdog,Trout,etc...) on the ice in the enemies' barn and you should recieve a
>power play. Potentialy being ejected is a small price to pay for some people
>to help their team win. I don't believe this is fair and should be revisited
>to maintain both the enthusiasum and level of competition.

I am not quite sure what the above message is supposed to be saying, as it
appears to be written in anything but coherent English...

If your position is that officials should have a "sense of humor" and
allow fans to throw things onto the ice, I strongly disagree with you.
In case the fans don't have common sense, throwing things onto the ice
can be extremely dangerous to the players. I am sure the player who
might some day trip over an object thrown onto the ice will burst his
gut laughing as he faces the reality of having to sit out a month or
so with a broken leg. I don't find that to be very amusing. Rules are
rules and if officials apply them all of the time, there is little
confusion about what should and should not be called.
Ryan Robbins               "Nothing in fine print is ever good news."
University of Maine                                  -- Andy Rooney