From:
Dave Hendrickson <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Dave Hendrickson <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 23 Jan 1995 15:46:05 EST
Saturday night's game was a *true* sellout at Tully Forum.  My son had a game
at the same time -- we won :-) -- so we didn't arrive until the start of the
third period.  We got to the front doors and found them locked with "Game Sold
Out" signs on them.  Luckily, I spotted someone opening the door on the
visitors side and we ducked in.   A dubious move admittedly, but I'm gonna
blame all those UNH fans who were there and conveniently absolve myself.  :-)

Anyways, I would like to point out that although the final score was 7-2 and
apparently the RiverHawks did not play well over the latter half of the game,
it was still a game at 4-2 until UML picked up a 5 minute major with a bit less
than ten minutes left.  That was probably the nail in the coffin and if that
wasn't, then Paul Botto picking up a frustration penalty when UNH scored to
make it 5-2 was.  With a 5-2 deficit and playing 3-on-5 it was lights out for
the RiverHawks.  I'm curious as to what Coach Crowder's reaction to that was
since he's been stressing fewer penalties.

I caught some flack at the beginning of the season when I predicted that if
UML got 5th place goaltending they had a shot at finishing in the top three.
Although I wasn't expecting Maine to perform as they have, UML has some shot
at the top three (despite *not* getting 5th place tending IMO)
if they can do well in this upcoming weekend's home-and-home
with Northeastern.  With all three left to play against Maine, however, plus
another against BU, I'm not putting any money on it, though.  My money is on
next year...

DaveH