From:
"Aiello, Dave" <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Aiello, Dave
Date:
Mon, 12 Dec 1994 18:12:58 U
Hi:

I come home from vacation in Florida, and I fall right into the latest on line
controversy.

I was really at the game.  RPI was flat in the first period, and seemed like
they were reacting to everything after it had already happened.  It got worse
in the second period, and ridiculous in the third.

I go every year to the RPI - Princeton game at Princeton.  Princeton always
gives its best effort against RPI because we always bring hundreds of our
alumni into their building.  This was RPI's last game before exams, and it
looked like thoughts were elsewhere.

I didn't give much thought to the game after it was over.  It seemed like
Princeton played really well, and that they are a formidable team.  I didn't
make any conclusions about RPI based on this game.  Others may differ, but,
that's why we're here, I guess.

Dave Aiello
RPI '89

 ------ From: Joe Gherlone, Mon, Dec 12, 1994 ------

        obviously this is not the answer, Tamburro still gave up two in the
third, while he was "fresh."  sounds like the defense didn't show, to me.

        similarly, it seems as if the offense was asleep -- the one box score
that came out yesterday said that the Clarke goal was unassisted (read
breakaway; read Act of God)

        this is why we need an analysis from someone who saw it -- this is pure
conjecture!!

        i also am curious about the power play situation -- RPI was 0 for 5,
and Princeton was only 1 for 7 -- what made the difference -- I'd have thought
that Princeton's ppg score would have been much higher given the overall score.