From:
Arthur Berman <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Mon, 12 Dec 1994 14:04:21 -0700

> I'm BC by marriage ; ) but  I *do* remember the first game at Conte Forum.
> BC/BU. Parker cried foul and, according to my BC friends on campus, was the
> only coach to do so that year. If I remember correctly, every other HE game
> I saw there over the next two years was played *normally,* unless it was
> BU. I think Jackie et al have made their point about the screwup at Kelley
> Rink and everyone should stick to one third period. It's getting lame when
> you have some with and some without the stop in play. BC's obviously not
> going to reconfigure the joint. The BC stance I've heard for obliging
> Parker from the get go is that they don't want the perception of unfairness
> to come up in any game. I don't know whose rule book made them do it,
> though.
> ________________________________
> Helga Dimitrov
> CWRU Magazine, Office of Public Affairs
> Case Western Reserve University
> 235 Yost Hall, 216/368-6949 voice, -4835 fax

As someone mentioned previously Parker also requested and got a "split"
third period at Snively because he thought the lighting differed in each
half of the arena.  I do not know if a rule covers this or whether UNH,
and now BC, just accomodate those who complain.  Does anyone know whether
a team can demand a split third period if an "inequitable" situation
exists in a rink?

Arthur Berman  [log in to unmask]
GO BU!!!