From:
Trevor D Barnes <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Trevor D Barnes <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 4 Nov 1994 21:38:36 -0500
Final from East Lansing,

Michigan State  4
Lake Sup. State 1

MSU  1 0 3 : 4
LSSU 0 1 0 : 1

Player of the game: Michigan State goalie Mike Buzak...with 28 saves.

Both teams were pretty even in the first period with MSU getting an early goal
on a breakaway.  In the second period though, LSSU outplayed MSU and the
Spartans were lucky to get away only giving up 1 goal.  I'm not sure what Ron
Mason told his team during the second intermission, but the third period was
all MSU as State scored three goals and finally played some defense.  The game
was sold out and was the 154th consecutive sell out at Munn arena.  The
Spartans play host to Ohio State (who was down 8-2 to Michigan when we left the
arena) tomorrow night.  Let's hope we don't have another letdown like last
weekend when we beat Western Michigan (beating Clarkston tonight) in an
emotional game on the road, but tied U Illinois Chicago...a team we had already
beaten twice.

Trevor Barnes [log in to unmask]
GO GREEN!  First place in the CCHA....bring on Bowling Green next Wed.