From:
John Haeussler <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
John Haeussler <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 2 Nov 1994 12:24:00 EST
I concur with Keith as to the officials being "in touch" last night.
Rusty Berenson [Red's son, a first year CCHA linesman],
whistled Notre Dame for icing while the Irish were shorthanded.
Way to be on top off things.

Unfortunately, I left at 6-1, before the DQs were handed out.
I didn't figure UND and BGSU for fisticuffs.

I also concur with Keith that BGSU's freshman D Adam Lamarre
looked good in his first collegiate game.  The Falcons dressed
seven D's.  Freshman forwards Dave Faulkner and Brad
Holzinger were the 10th and 11th forwards, with Mike Johnson
and Brian Holzinger doing most of the double-shifting as the
4th line right wing.  From where I was sitting, it seemed to work.
Faulkner was making things happen and I believe the hodge-
podge line posted a couple of the BGSU goals.

On to Michigan, it appears that Mike Knuble will be back in
the lineup this Friday versus Ohio State.  The latest diagnosis:
an enlargement of the left ventricle of the heart.

Warren Luhning also returns to the Michigan lineup, albeit
he's still nursing a rib injury.

John Haeussler
Univ of Michigan