From:
John Haeussler <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
John Haeussler <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 3 May 1994 08:18:00 PDT
I'm attempting to compile a list of college hockey publications,
including local and booster publications as well as national.
I've compiled a short list below, divided into three categories
with TEAMLINE [telephone] information appended to the end.

The national publications include only those devoted to college
hockey.  For those unfamiliar with COLLEGE HOCKEY GUIDE, it
is an annual publication [I believe I received mine in January of
this season] that contains summary results from the previous
season and current season rosters for all teams...at the varsity
and club level.

Local/fan publications are listed with the university they primarily
cover given in brackets.

Booster publications also include their affiliated university in
brackets.  Booster publications differ from the others in the sense
that subscriptions are generally not available...one must join the
respective booster group to receive the publication.  The address
given here is most often the address of the booster group, or the
membership contact person.  I'm aware of booster publications
at Alaska-Fairbanks, Michigan State and New Hampshire as
well, but they are held from this list pending finalization of contact
information.

Now for my requests. :-)  First, if anyone has any additions or
corrections for the list, PLEASE e-mail them to me privately.

Secondly, I'd like to hear any suggestions or comments that you
may have regarding the list [again, please mail me privately].
Should the list include publications not primarily devoted to
college hockey, but that have some college content...such at
THE HOCKEY NEWS?  Should the list attempt to include current
subscription rates, publication schedules and/or general content
information...at least for the national publications?  For example,
U.S. COLLEGE HOCKEY MAGAZINE costs $XX per season [12
issues], is published bi-weekly throughout the college hockey
season, has a full color cover and contains primarily feature
articles on all four Div I conferences, women's hockey, the ACHA,
etc.  Another example...INSIDE THE GOAL CREASE is a newsletter
style publication, is published monthly from September-April,
averages 12 pages per issue, contains Michigan's schedule and
results, comments from Coach Berenson, b&w photos, feature
articles related to the University of Michigan, etc.  Booster dues
begin at $6 for students and $25 for adults, for more information
contact the Dekers [boosters] at the address given.

Would this type of information be beneficial if it was posted to
Hockey-L once at the beginning of the season, then made
available via the archives?  Is detail only necessary for national
[and maybe local] publications...since anyone wishing to join
one of the booster organizations would most likely have to
write for more information regardless?

Your thoughts are welcomed and appreciated!

  John Haeussler
  Univ of Michigan

  ------------------------
COLLEGE HOCKEY PUBLICATIONS

[A] NATIONAL PUBLICATIONS

  COLLEGE HOCKEY GUIDE
  Athletic Guide Publishing
  POBox 1050
  Flagler Beach FL 32136-1050

  DROP THE PUCK DIVISION I COLLEGE HOCKEY YEARBOOK
  DROP THE PUCK DIVISION I COLLEGE HOCKEY WEEKLY UPDATE
  Blueline Publishing
  POBox 8686
  Minneapolis MN 55408-0686
  [612]825-4663
  Publisher/Editor: Kerby W Meyers

  INTERCOLLEGIATE HOCKEY NEWSLETTER
  13 Oxford Rd
  N Billerica MA 01862-1606
  [800]388-4758
  Publisher/Editor: David B Erickson

  U.S. COLLEGE HOCKEY MAGAZINE
  37 Trask Rd
  Peabody MA 01960
  [508]531-4311
  [508]531-2424 fax
  Publisher: David J McDougall
  Editor: Don Cameron

[B] LOCAL PUBLICATIONS

  BEULAH'S BUGLE [Bowling Green State University]
  Majic Pyramid Productions
  Contact: Keith Instone [[log in to unmask]]

  THE BIG RED WHAT? [Cornell University]
  c/o Greg Berge
  55 Cedar St #2
  Somerville MA 02143
  Publishers/Editors: Anne M Baseler & Greg R Berge [[log in to unmask]]

  BLUE ICE [The University of Michigan]
  POBox 4343
  Ann Arbor MI 48106-4343
  Publisher/Editor: John Haeussler [[log in to unmask]]

[C] BOOSTER PUBLICATIONS

  FACEOFF [Cornell University]
  The Cornell Hockey Boosters Association
  POBox 4265
  Ithaca NY 14852
  Editors: Bill Fenwick [[log in to unmask]] &
           Helene Croft

  FRIENDS OF MAINE HOCKEY NEWSLETTER [University of Maine]
  c/o Penobscot Times
  POBox 568
  Old Town ME 04468
  Editor: David Wollstadt
  Membership Contact: Dr John Hart
                      99 Pine St
                      Bangor ME 04401

  INSIDE THE GOAL CREASE [University of Michigan]
  The Dekers Blue Line Club
  POBox 2065
  Ann Arbor MI 48106-2065
  Editors: Jim [[log in to unmask]] & Cathy Leonard

  LET'S GO RED [Rensselaer Polytechnic Institute]
  RPI Athletic Department Sports Information Office
  Contact: Ralph Baer [[log in to unmask]]
  Comments: Covers all RPI athletics.

  MICHIGAN TECH BLUE LINERS [Michigan Technological University]
  Michigan Tech Blueline Club
  Contact: Bob Gilreath [[log in to unmask]]
           CTS EERC Building
           Michigan Tech Univ
           1400 Townsend Dr
           Houghton MI 49931

[D] TEAMLINE 1-800-846-4700

     5418 Army
     0664 Boston College
     1155 Boston Univ
     3396 Bowling Green
     1150 Clarkson
     2007 Colgate
     5612 Cornell
     5621 Dartmouth
     5635 Harvard
     1148 Illinois-Chicago [I have also seen 5202]
     1113 Maine
     5768 Miami
     5313 Michigan
     5300 Michigan State