Date:
Sat, 11 Dec 1993 00:44:36 -0400
        While switching on to NESN tonight I watched the last two periods of
the Northeastern - U-Mass Lowell game.  I don't have any exact details of
scorers but I can describe the end of the game action.  U-Lowell is up 4-3 with
about 3 1/2 minutes to play in the third when Northeastern scores on a partial
breakaway.  Fine, they are going into OT I thought.  U-Lowell scores shortly
after off a nice wrist shot between the keepers legs.  Fine, nice win for the
Chiefs, right? Not yet.  Northeastern pulls their goalie and the Captain of
their team scores off a semi-tip in at the corner of the net.  The game goes to
OT and just when everybody thinks it will end in a tie U-Lowell slips one into
an empty net on a beautiful 2 on 1 in close.  (I think HEBERT scored to win it
for the Chiefs).  Awesome late period action!
        I apologize for the vague recall of the game and that I have no box
scores or even players names!  I'm sure somebody will give a better description
of the game than I did but I have to say that the last few minutes of that game
were pretty exciting.  Fun stuff to watch!  Did anyone else catch it?

                                                        -Bob Hoffman

Bob Hoffman             [log in to unmask]
021 Waverley Hall       Let's Go Islanders!
Bentley College         Ranger Fans: "1940!"
Waltham, MA 02154       "Tonelli to Nystrom....!"