From:
"Charles M. Shub" <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Sat, 20 Nov 1993 09:47:25 MST
found on page 2 of today's Colorado Springs Gazette Telegraph
(copied without permission)

Man proposes during Zamboni ride

A Zamboni can do more than just smooth the ice at skating rinks.  It's
also a vehicle of love.

Just ask Christy Stubblefield, whose boyfriend staged a free Zamboni
ride for her Thursday in Huntington, W.Va., and proposed on the ice
during a break in a minor league hockey game.

"Is this the last place you expected this to happen?" Alan Gianettino,
25, asked before dropping to one knee.  "Will you marry me, Christy?"

The answer was yes.

He slipped a ring on her finger and off went the Zamboni to complete
its trip around the ice as the crowd cheered.

"I wanted to get off that thing," said Stubblefield, 21.  "It stopped
and I saw Alan with the flowers and I thought, 'Isn't that nice.'  I
had no idea he was going to give me a ring."

The proposal came between the second and third periods of a Huntington
Blizzard game.

======= end quoted materials =====

many comments come to mind.....

charlie shub
[log in to unmask]  -or-  cdash@colospgs (BITNET)
(719) 593 3492               (fax) 593-3369