From:
Steve Gallichio <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Steve Gallichio <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 1 Jun 1993 11:31:37 EDT
>      Hi guys!
> We would like to ask some details about last season of Robert Petrovicky,
> Hartford Whalers.We are interested in the others czechs and slovaks
> players too, who play in NHL, especially these: Jaromir Jagr,Peter Bondra,
> Peter Stastny and Zdeno Ciger.
>
>      If it is possible, you can send a message in slovak language.But you
> could in english as well.

Well, English is about as good as it's going to get...

I'll leave the details on the other players you've listed to other posters,
but I can speak pretty well about Petrovicky.

Petrovicky had an excellent training camp for Hartford, performing above
expectations. The Whalers had intended to let him return to his homeland
but instead signed him to a contract at the end of camp. Petrovicky has
excellent puck-handling abilities, but seemed overmatched in the physical
NHL. He made some bad defensive plays which caused the coaching staff to
cut down his ice time. He really wasn't much a factor after the first
quarter of the season, but Petrovicky has great talent, and will probably
blossom into an excellent player in a few seasons, when he gets a little
bigger and develops confidence. He seemed to have become tentative as soon
as problems began to develop. But he's only 19, and the Whalers sent him
to their top minor league club in Springfield to get playing time and
restore his confidence. He played very well in Springfield for the remainder
of the season.

I don't have all the statistics in front of me, but I believe Petro had
about 3 goals and nine points in ~40 games for Hartford.

-SG