From:
"J. Michael Neal" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 30 Dec 2005 01:09:04 -0600
Hampton, Nathan E. wrote:

>They are that BAD. Biased is one thing, but dumb and stupid is another. Whenever the Gophers play, I turn the sound OFF. They are both pathetic and embarassing. But the locals eat that up, and so they are paid by the local channel to deliver their version of the game.

They are lame, which is a shame, because Frank Mazacco used to be really
good.  Now, they spend a lot of time talking about what Woog did over
the weekend, and other equally irrelevant stuff.

I do take exception to the idea that they are biased.  Compared to
boradcasters I have heard in various sports, at different levels, over
the last few years, they are definitely on the less biased side of the
median.  That says more about how bad local broadcasting has gotten over
the last decade than anything else, but Mazacco and Woog are far from
the worst offenders out there.

--
J. Michael Neal
http://idonotlikeyoueither.blogspot.com/