From:
Karen/Greg Ambrose <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Karen/Greg Ambrose <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 7 Nov 2000 19:23:08 +0800
Sean Pickett writes:

>Finally, I would like to ask the members of this list for some input:
>
>First, this topic has led to wonder if I need to add yet another field
>to my player information; hometown.  Until now I had not even
>considered entering that information into my database.  Looking
>through the media guides I have only Wisconsin has done that.
>However, it does seems to be potentially useful and important
>information.  So, what do you think: Should I add it to my
>database?  Please let me know.

With all the woofing on the list about Americans vs. Canadians in college
hockey, I think it would be instructive to see how the rosters played out
back then.  I know from the Beanpot days of the late 60's that BC fans made
a very big deal about "all the Canadians" at BU and Cornell.  If my memory
serves me right, there was definitely a larger presence from north of the
border back then, mostly because, IMHO, that was were the players were.

>Second, please let me know what information you think should be
>in my database. I had not even considered player hometowns, so I
>am sure I have missed other information that could be included.
>For example; my wife keeps asking me to enter the officials for
>every game.  What do you think?  Is that something you are
>interested in?

For me, just to recall the old curmudgeons who reffed back in the dark
ages, guys like Bobby Barry, Jack Garrity and, of course, Gilles Threadgold.

Greg Ambrose