From:
Charles O'Brien <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Charles O'Brien <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 31 Oct 1994 08:30:32 -0500
        Let's encourage MSG to keep up the good work and continue
to broadcast top college games like last night's Maine-BU thriller.
Who needs the NHL?  Just as many of us prefer college hoops to the
NBA, hockey watchers around the nation may come to appreciate the
wide open, goon-free nature of college hockey.  I also want to cast
a vote FOR Dawn Mitchell -- her interview with Jacques Joubert was
first rate.  And let it be said that Jacques is a very well spoken young
man, a far cry from some of the interviewees we see [or used to see]
on NHL telecasts.  BTW, as one who opposed the shootout scheme, I
have to admit that it was very exciting and provided an ending more
satisfactory than a simple tie.  Bob Norton may have been right when
he predicted during last night's broadcast that all conferences would be
following Hockey East's lead next year.