From:
R David Smith <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
R David Smith <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 8 Sep 1994 21:02:34 -0400
I would never doubt Keith on these matters...he is probably right.  Something
stuck in my head that they were actually from Ohio, but I could be wrong.
Anyone from LSSU know now that Paul is the head guy up there?  Regardless, my
point in my post stands that Welsh landed a couple of phenoms (a bit more of an
accomplishment since they were from Canada it would appear) and it wasn't
really any difference in support for the program that made the difference
between now and those early 80's teams...it has always been poor...they just
had a 2 or 3 good recruiting years.  It can happen to anyone if you are around
long enough...:-)

Dave