Sender:
From:
Mike Machnik <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 19 Jan 1994 00:30:40 -0500
Nicholas Strangas writes:
>> According to the Boston Globe 1/18/94:
>>
>> Player of the Week:
>> RW J.F. Aube, Northeastern
>
>Two HE players were named Co-Players of the Week. UNH junior defenseman
>Scott Malone was named along with Aube.

Here's the full info on the PotW from the 1/17/94 HE release:

PLAYER OF THE WEEK
J.F. Aube, Northeastern, Jr RW: Aube notched 2-1--3 in NU's 5-4 win
 over #5 UNH on Friday, added one assist in the loss to UNH and two
 assists in the win over Cornell for a 2-4--6 week.
Scott Malone, UNH, Jr D: Malone tallied 2-1--3 against #9 Northeastern
 including an assist on the first goal and the game winner in a 4-2 win.
Honor Roll: Jack Callahan, BC; Steve Thornton, BU; Jason Weinrich, Maine;
 Ian Hebert, Mass Lowell; Bob Bell, PC.

ROOKIE OF THE WEEK
David Penney, Northeastern, LW: Penney contributed one goal and two
 assists for three points in the 5-4 win against #5 UNH and added one
 assist in the 4-2 loss to the Wildcats.
Honor Roll: Peter Masters, BC; Tim Lovell, Maine; Ed Campbell, Mass
 Lowell; Martin Legault, Merrimack; Eric Boguniecki, UNH; Russ Guzior, PC.

It is not true that Merrimack has a standing nomination in each week
for Martin Legault as RotW; it only seems that way. :-)

Other HE notes:
* BU's 9 straight wins against BC tie the longest winning streak BU
  has ever posted in the series, equalling nine straight between 2/23/65
  and 2/26/69.
* BU's Mike Pomichter, leading scorer in HE, is one point away from
  100 in his career (46-53--99).
* BU D Kaj Linna will be out four weeks and will miss the Beanpot with
  a slightly torn medial collateral ligament of his left knee, suffered
  against BC.
* Maine's wins at Clarkson and SLU were its first back to back wins
  since beating BU and UIC on 11/20 and 11/26.
* Saturday's 4-4 tie between Merrimack and Mass Lowell was only the
  second tie in 56 meetings between the rivals.  UML is 9-1-0 in its
  last ten games vs Merrimack at home, while Merrimack is 6-1-1 in its
  last 8 home games vs UML.
* Merrimack is 2-0-2 in OT games this season, 6-0-4 in its last ten
  overall.  Merrimack has never lost a HE OT game (6-0-2 since 1989).
* UNH's 5-4 loss to visiting NU Friday was the Wildcats' first home
  loss of the season and broke an 11 game home winning streak dating
  back to 1/30/93.
* PC forward Chad Quenneville is three points away from 100 (41-56--97).

Finally, this blurb from Northeastern deserves to be repeated in its
entirety.  Writing majors take note.  NU SID Bill Doherty has to have
the most creative writing style of any SID I have seen.

"Northeastern went from frustrated shooters to emancipated snipers
over the course of a frenetic three-game in five-day sretch that
produced two wins for Ben Smith's ninth-ranked Huskies.  After pumping
46 shots on UNH goaltender Mike Heinke in a 4-2 loss, the Huskies
mushed up to Durham Friday night when sophomore netminder Mike Veisor
orchestrated his third victory against no defeats at soon-to-be-imploded
Snively Arena."
Mike Machnik                                          [log in to unmask]
Cabletron Systems, Inc.                                  *HMM* 11/13/93
<<<<<< Color Voice of the (9-10-2) Merrimack Warriors WCCM 800 AM >>>>>