Sender:
From:
Patrick E Fleming <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 27 Mar 1993 13:41:52 EST
> Erik B writes-
> > You left out Minnesota-Duluth.  Duluth is closer to Lake Superior than Big
> > Rapids or Kalamazoo are to Lake Michigan.
>
> Just as a note, the campus is about 2 miles from the Lake.

What about Illinios-Chicago?  It is probably closer to Lake Michigan than any
of the schools in the state of Michigan.  To follow the suggestion of the
original poster, it would probably be better to rename the tournament to the
State of Michigan Invitational.

As a side note, I remember when Notre Dame won the GLI in 1981 in front of what
was then the largest croud ever to attend a college hockey game.  Considering
the proximety of South Bend to the Great Lakes, I don't think it is too much of
a stretch including the Irish either!

     - Pat

- Dadgummit Blah! ------------------- Some people say I'm halfway here -----
- Ohio Wesleyan University ---------- Some people say I'm halfway gone -----