Sender:
Date:
Thu, 22 Apr 2004 16:47:39 -0400
Many of you know I'm spearheading Washington D.C.'s bid for the Phrozen
Phour for 2009 or 2010 with the United States Naval Academy (expecting Div I
status by 2007) and Atlantic Hockey as our official sponsors.

With the 2005-08 Phrozen Phours in Mid-Western or Western Climates, we
expect an east coast selection for either 2009 or 2010, preferably in a new
market to launch college hockey.

Hockey-L dinner attendees we spoke with appreciated D.C. as an great city
for tourism, liked our 275 direct daily flights to our 3 airports within 79%
a 1 1/2 hour drive of all Division I hockey campuses, nice April weather,
great Metro rapid transit system (no car rental needed), downtown arena
seating over 19, 500 for hockey and over 24,000 hotel rooms within a 3 mile
radius of the arena.

Need your help.  What else makes a great Phrozen Phour venue/host city?
Here's some quick thoughts I've discovered.

The Host City:
Easy to Reach? (e.g. Inexpensive Direct Flights, Close Drive)
# of Hotels in Close Proximity to Arena?
# of Bars/Restaurants within walking distance of Arena?
Rapid Transit System?
Projected mid-April Weather?
Things to Do on Off Day Activities/Tourist?
Hobey Baker Presentation Location?

Nicely Produced Fan Guide included with Winner Notification
Discounts for College Hockey Fans at Restaurants/Bars, etc..
Nicely printed Tickets

Venue
# of Seats for Hockey?
Sight Lines?
Newness of Building?
Concourses, Restrooms, Concessions?

What else makes a great Phrozen Phour? What matters most to you.

'til then. Carpe Diem.

Make it a Great Day.

--John MacKinnon, CRSP
Sales Manager