Sender:
From:
Joe Makowiec <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 6 Apr 2002 05:52:56 -0500
At 08:36 PM 4-5-2002 -0500, Bill Fenwick wrote:
>I'm sure it's worked on other occasions, but this is the first time I've
>heard of the stick-measurement strategy being successful (not that
>somebody was caught, but that the team on the resulting power play
>actually scored).  Figures it would have been a Shawn Walsh team that
>pulled it off.

RPI vs ?, several years back, late season game or maybe playoffs.  This was
during the years Mike Addesa was coach.  RPI was down one goal and two
players with less than two to play, so didn't have anything to lose
anyway.  Mike calls the ref over, points to an opposing player, out comes
the gauge and sure enough, illegal stick.  RPI is now one player down,
pulls the goaltender and scores.  They went on to win in OT.

This would have been in the 1987-88 or 1988-89 seasons if memory
serves.  Anybody else remember this one?

Joe
--
Joe Makowiec can be reached at:
mailto:[log in to unmask]