Sender:
From:
Mike Abegg <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 19 Mar 2002 06:45:17 -0600
If this is the place I'm thinking of, my reaction would be that there's
nothing wrong with it, but it's pretty well out of the way.  It's only
vaguely in downtown Minneapolis, actually in a developing residential area
just north and west of downtown.  You certainly wouldn't want to be there
without a car because it will take one transfer plus some walking to take
the bus.  It's a reasonably safe area, just not super-convenient to
anything.

My gut reaction is that if you're not in downtown St. Paul, two areas to
consider would be the U of M (Washington Ave., University Ave.) and the Mall
of America area.  Both have reasonable bus access to the arena, but are in
areas with somewhat more life to them in terms of restaurants, bars,
shopping, etc.  You might also want to look and see if there are any
reasonable deals at the Courtyard and Residence Inn at the Depot in
Minneapolis; again, not real convenient to the arena, but more convenient to
other things.  Plus, the Depot hotels are attached to a skating rink.

Then again, I live here, so I don't need to consider hotels very often.

Mike Abegg