Sender:
From:
Bob Griebel <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 4 Mar 2002 13:55:47 -0600
Michael, I remain utterly convinced that the idea of having the Final
Four every four years in a place that doesn't have any other college
hockey should be dismissed outright.  I'm also convinced that having the
Final Four every eight years in such a place should be dismissed if it
doesn't serve any useful purpose.  I'm just not convinced that those who
quickly dismiss the latter gave it the consideration it deserves,
especially people from Minnesota (even if they are transplants from a
better place) who don't know the nontraditional areas they're talking
about.  I'm also not convinced that the FFs in traditional territory are
such a work of perfection that there's really as much risk incurred in
an Anaheim-type approach as folks want to imply.  What is certain is
that folks in traditional territory will have to go to more trouble.

As for my convenience, I expect to be long gone before the earliest
event could possibly arrive in my current neighborhood and I don't
expect to pass up FFs between now and then if I want to go.  I do have
sympathy for Tony, but, . . . hey, if he isn't willing to walk to
Boston, screw 'im.

boB