Sender:
From:
Iyer Venkatesan <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 4 Mar 2002 11:13:08 -0800
>I guess the best I can do in the "nyah-nyah" department is to say that Cornell
hockey was nothing until they stole our coach
>(Ned Harkness) back in 1963.  (It's not much of a flame but it's all I have at
the moment. And if my "Big Red" team doesn't win tonight plus get a few breaks
from other games, I'll have nothing left to do for the next few weeks until it's
time for the NC$$ contest to start up again ;-)

If you want to fan flames to Cornell fans, just call the school SUNY-Ithaca -
they get a big kick out of that, especially those that went to the state part of
the university :-).

Seriously, if one were to rank ECAC schools on all-time basis wrt college
hockey, Cornell would be #1.  And the RPI-Cornell rivalry is getting pretty
intense.  My brother went to Cornell in the late 90's and let's just say that he
told me that the RPI players and the Lynah faithful don't exactly exchange
plesantries.  I think one year the RPI goalie told Cornell fans they were #1.

Iyer