Sender:
Date:
Wed, 13 Feb 2002 13:02:26 -0500
--- Original Message ---
From: Joe LaCour <[log in to unmask]>
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject:      Frozen Four accomodations

>Any recommendations?  Traveling with a teenage son
(18 or 16).

We're getting reservations at the Day's Inn on the
University of Minnesota campus.  The disadvantage is
that it's in Minneapolis and will be, worst case
scenario, about a 45-minute bus ride from the Xcel
Center; it's on the #16 line, which runs frequently
and all night.  I'm coming up with alternative plans,
which may include renting a car or taking a cab to and
from St. Paul.

The advantage is that it should be cheaper, and it has
better entertainment/bars around it.  I know everyone
has told me how wonderful the area around the Xcel
Center is now, but the couple of Wild games I've been
to have left me thoroughly underwhelmed; we'll see if
I think anything better of it tonight when I go see
the Red Wings.