Sender:
From:
"Jeffrey T. Anbinder" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 18 Jan 2000 10:20:47 -0500
>I have an interesting idea that I also posted to the USCHO message
>board:  Have the travel partners that Dartmouth will be playing play a
>non-conference game against each other on the open night each weekend.
>This will:
>a) Make up the missing total games in the teams' schedules
>b) Remove the advantage the teams have of playing only one game in the
>weekend when Dartmouth has to play two
>c) Make up some (but probably not much) or the lost revenue.

Well, since the ECAC has already moved many of Dartmouth's remaining
Saturday games to Sunday, scheduling another game between the travel
partners on Saturday is actually a *plausible* solution, but I have
one problem with it - it benefits Dartmouth to the *detriment* of its
opponents.  All three teams would be playing two games over the
course of the weekend, but Dartmouth would get a day off in between,
while the travel partners would both be playing on consecutive nights.

--
Jeffrey "Beeeej" Anbinder '94                     [log in to unmask]
Reunion Campaign Officer                          (work) 607-254-6106

"I asked my friend if I could have his encyclopedias, because he's
married now and his wife knows everything."
        - Jeff Grant