Sender:
From:
Andrew Christianson <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 11 Apr 1999 01:51:15 -0400
You are correct in pointing out excellent NHL players who came from U.S.
colleges, some of whom are definitely stars.  My point, unclear as it
became, is that we should not bad mouth the state of Minnesota, or the
entire USA, simply because they have not produced a Wayne Gretzky, a Mario
Lemieux, or a Gordie Howe.  These are, in my opinion, the greatest 3
hockey players ever.  Essentially, I argue that no one compares to these
3 players.  But I do agree with you, the U.S. and college hockey have
produced many excellent professional players.

On Sat, 10 Apr 1999 16:52:44 -0700 wrote...