Sender:
From:
Sid Whitaker <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 8 Jan 1992 13:51:39 EST
 Bob Croce's article shows a complete and blatant disregard for TCHCR and has
no place on the pages of the TU. As far as I'm concerned, Croce should do his
homework and understand what he's writing about before he puts it on paper.
The TU has always been pro-RPI and Union, so their defense of those teams
doesn't come as a complete surprise, but what confuses me is why the TU, with
its normally satisfactory coverage of Capital District college hockey, attacks
TCHCR with no basis, no grounds for their agrument. They are unfamiliar with it
and as someone (maybe Mike) pointed out, anyone who reads the list regularly
should understand how TCHCR works. I was raised an RPI fan, and will always be
one, and since I go to Maine I follow the Bears too. But I'm not going to stand
up and cry foul over RPI's performance in TCHCR, nor Maine's, for that matter.
If you understand the basic concept behind TCHCR, then it is relatively easy
to comprehend. Those who do not understand it, or who refuse to make an effort
to acquaint themselves with it, certainly should not be criticizing it on the
pages of a 100,000+ circulation newspaper. This was a new, and very unfortunate
low for the TU.
For those who seek alternative college hockey coverage from an Albany area
paper, the Gazette, in Schenectady, seems to do a decent job covering both
RPI and Union. Also, Mike asked for the TU address, and I think this is it:
The Times Union, 1 News Plaza, Albany-Shaker Road, Albany, NY 12202.
Please, correct me if I'm wrong on this..but I'm pretty sure this is it.

--Sid
Let's Go Red!