Sender:
From:
Andrew Weise <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 13 Nov 1996 17:26:02 -0500
> What NCAA D1 team has the frustrated their fans the
> most in post season?
>
> A) Clarkson
> B) Clarkson
> C) Clarkson
> D) Clarkson
> E) All of the above
>
> The frustrations are too many to list, but if "Around the
> Rinks" ever did a story on how often Clarkson seems
> to "fold" in March, the story would take hours.
>
> It is nice to have the most wins, etc.  But once, just
> once, I'd trade it all in for an NCAA title.

Amen to that. I don't know what it is, but something about March just
doesn't mix with Clarkson, especially in the past three years.

1994 - Good late run in February, but got embarrased when RPI ambushed
       them in the ECAC semis at Lake Placid. Granted, that was probably
       the best RPI team I've seen in a while. That knocked them out of
       the NCAAs.

1995 - First place in the ECAC and it looked promising when 2 & 3 (Brown
       and Harvard) lost in the quarterfinals. The problem was that
       Princeton won. Clarkson then lost to LSSU in a lackluster game
       for about 55 minutes, until they woke up and fell one goal short.
       Nonetheless, a first round loss in the NCAAs.

1996 - A solid season that produced second place to an awesome UVM team.
       Cornell hit their hot streak and made the Clarkson offense look
       pretty dead. However, I couldn't have been happier with their
       play in Albany.

Exciting endings, but disappointing nonetheless. I'd trade it all for
a title.

> See:  Red Sox, Boston

Sorry, I'm a Yankee fan.   ;-)

Andy