Sender:
From:
Deron Treadwell <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 1 Aug 1996 22:55:33 -0400
Comments:
Authenticated sender is <[log in to unmask]>
On  1 Aug 96 at 19:47, Ron Correia wrote:

> Actually, the question here is, would Maine be eligible for the
> Hockey East tournament?  As I read them, the NCAA sanctions
> prohibited Maine from post season play, did they not?  That would
> seem to include the HE tourney.  What is the precedent here?  How is
> it handled in other sports?

Apparently, yes.  According to David Swank of the NCAA during his
press conference yesterday the NCAA considers conference tournaments
to be part of the regular season (that would explain why results are
counted for tournament selection).  Thus it's up to Hockey East to
decide if Maine should be allowed.

---
Deron Treadwell - [log in to unmask]
Orono, Maine