Sender:
From:
Ted Halm <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 12 Mar 1996 08:51:23 EST
Keep UIC in the CCHA.  For some of us, who are not as fortunate as
others, we don't get to go to Joe Louis Arena (Detroit) too often.
Chicago is our only taste of civilization during long winters.  We need
the magnificent mile to remind us that the world is still there.  Some
of us don't schedule our regular season "home" games in Detroit (or
Pontiac), either.  Besides, the WCHA was too "prestigious" to take UIC
when they were Chicago-Circle and looking for friends.  The CCHA has
always been expansion-friendly, just ask UAF (we gave up our claim as a
great bus league for them).