Sender:
From:
Rita-Ann Monde <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 10 Mar 1996 13:03:14 -0400
on friday march 8, 1996, Mark Anbinder wrote:

>At the close of this evening's ECAC quarterfinal matchup between the Red
>Raiders and the Big Red at Lynah Rink, Colgate's team skated off the ice.
>No congratulations for the victorious Big Red team, no handshakes, no
>nothing.
>
>Tonight's was not the most courteous of hockey games I've seen, but the
>infractions came from both sides.
>
>Coach Vaughan, you discredit Colgate and you cast your team in an ugly
>light. You have to return to Lynah tomorrow. Here's hoping for a fair
>contest among respectful athletes.
>
>Donnie, you should be ashamed of yourself.

I was listening to the game on the radio and grady whittenburg and pete
tufford mentioned that since this was a "best of 3 series", the handshakes
would be done at the end of the series and not after the first game.  I do
believe they did  the customary handshakes after saturday's game.  as a
side note, at the end of saturday's game, pete and grady were commenting on
what good friends mike schafer and donnie vaughn are...  i don't think
either coach would embarrass himself and his team by foregoing the
handshakes.

Rita Monde
Trinity College '91
Cornell University '9?