Sender:
From:
John Haeussler <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 6 Sep 1995 13:07:00 EDT
From THE HOCKEY NEWS (8 September 1995), with my
added comments:

Boston LW Cam Stewart
  Make or break season for Cam's NHL future.  He can be a
  solid NHL 3rd or 4th liner, but hasn't shown it yet.

Buffalo G Steve Shields
  Back to Rochester (AHL) with the likes of Hasek, Stauber
  and Trefilov in Buffalo.  Had a decent second half in the
  AHL/ECHL following a terrible first half in Rochester last
  season.

Detroit C Mark Ouimet
  Happily Adirondack bound.  It's good to see Mark get a
  square AHL deal.  I'd like to see him get a cup of coffee in
  the NHL someday.  (Hopefully I'll see him in pre-season
  action with the big club this year.)  He's not an everyday NHL
  player, but he can have some fun and make a few dollars
  at the AHL level before joining the "real" world.

Detroit RW Mike Knuble
  Should split time between Adirondack and Detroit, unless
  he impresses enough to stay in Motown permanently.
  Definitely in the Red Wings future plans.

Detroit D Aaron Ward
  The future is the present for Ward.  Has the talent to play
  regularly on many NHL clubs, but has only dressed for 6
  games in two Red Wing seasons.  Anything less than 20
  NHL games this year will be a disappointment.  Anything
  greater than 40 NHL games will indicate positive career
  development.

Edmonton RW David Oliver
  The Oilers' leading goal scorer in 1994-95, should remain
  on the first or second line.

Edmonton D Todd Copeland
  A longtime, solid AHL/IHL blueliner, Copeland's best (and
  last?) NHL chance may be with Edmonton.  At the very least,
  he deserves to play in a regular season NHL game before
  hanging up his skates.

New York Rangers LW Rick Willis
  Inked a multi-year deal with the Rangers and will likely
  spend it getting plenty of ice time in Binghamton.  NY may
  groom him to be an NHL role player (penalty killer, thug).

Philadelphia LW Ryan Sittler
  When was his last good season?  A very likeable person
  off the ice, a disappointment on the ice.  He hasn't spent
  enough time at one level to become a solid player.
  Hopefully he can develop at the AHL level rather than in
  the ECHL, where he fell to last season.

Pittsburgh D Chris Tamer
  With the departure of both Samuelssons and Kevin Stevens,
  Tamer is one of the few remaining studs on the Penguin roster.
  He should be a Pitt regular, providing solid defense and a
  heavyweight punch.

St Louis C David Roberts
  Finished the regular season with a flourish, including a stint
  centering a line with Brett Hull.  Unfortunately, he disappeared
  in the playoffs.  Should remain with the parent club this season,
  although his ice time will likely fluctuate.

St Louis D Jeff Norton
  NHL veteran.  High scoring (mostly assists) blueliner that plays
  defense about as well as I do.  The poor man's Paul Coffey.

Toronto D David Harlock
  NHL talent (IMO), but hasn't been able to break through with
  the Leafs.  I still see Harlock as the poor man's Rod Langway.
  A tremendous defender and intelligent player.  Will hopefully
  find a home in the NHL soon, otherwise he may opt for grad
  school then enter the business world.  (He'll be a success
  wherever he goes, but I'd like to enjoy his on ice skills for a
  few more years.)

Vancouver C Robb Gordon
  Centering Bure and Mogilny?  Only if the ex-Soviet snipers
  end up in Kelowna (WHL) as well.

Vancouver LW Denny Felsner
  Injury-free and Keenan-free, the former St Louis prospect
  (and UM's all-time leading scorer) has a shot at sticking
  with the Canucks.  Unfortunately, his "prospect" days are
  over, so if he doesn't play a full NHL season soon he'll
  fall into the great collegian that never panned out as a pro
  category.

Vancouver D Al Sinclair
  BIG AL!  The second coming of Brad Marsh.  Scored exactly
  0 goals in 90 career games at Michigan.  A cult hero.  Has
  the size to bang bodies in the NHL, he just needs some of
  Tamer's tenacity.  Should stick with Syracuse (AHL).

Washington C Matthew Herr
  THN lists him, but he's still at Michigan...I just checked. :-)

Apologies if I've overlooked anyone on THN's rosters.

John H
U Mich