Sender:
From:
Carol Singer <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 2 Mar 1995 13:03:35 -0500
Yes, the date in the subject field is correct - the magazine says 1994 on
the front cover, but they corrected it on the Table of Contents page and
this is indeed the Jan. 28, 1995 issue that arrived yesterday.  It
includes an article on college hockey polls that might interest some of
the people on this list.   The front cover shows Brent Flahr of the
Princeton Tigers.  The articles, in addition to the team summaries are:

1. College hockey polls
        He talks about the 4 major polls and also about the effect that
the HE scoring has on the polls.
2. Princeton Tigers (Has a full-page color picture of goalie James Konte)
3. Minnesota-Duluth and Michigan Tech overcoming bad starts
4. Steve McKell of U. Vermont's column, "The Player's Perspective" on
what it's like to be injured and have to watch from the stands
5. a list of former ECAC hockey players who are either coaching or an
administrative positions in hockey
6. Division 2-3 ranks
7. National leaders (Division) through Jan. 9
8. Merrimack Warriors (has a color photo of the Warriors in action - I
don't know who the players are - #25 and #17)
9. a list of possible Hobey Baker candidates from Hockey East:

Boston College
        David Hymovitz
        Jamie O'Leary

Boston University
        Mike Grier
        Chris O'Sullilvan

Maine
        Blair Allison
        Chris Imes
        Jeff Tory

UMass-Amherst
        Dave Kilduff

UMass-Lowell
        Greg Bullock

Merimack
        Martin Legault

New Hampshire
        Eric Flinton

Northeastern
        Jordan Shields
        Mike Veisor

Providence
        Chad Quenneville

NOTE: They include a thumbnail sketch of each candidate.

If you want to subscribe to U.S. College Hockey Magazine, it's published
12 times every other Monday from late October to mid-April.  It's $27.00
per season.  The address is:

        37 Trask Road
        Peabody, MA  01960
        (508) 531-4311

I should point out that, in addition to the articles and summaries of
each Division I team, they have various news items and statistical bites
throughout the magazine and that they also have an in-line skating
column.  Also, I'm not connected with teh magazine in any way, but I know
the magazine isn't available on most news stands, so I post the contents
for those who might be interested in getting it for themselves.

Carol