Sender:
From:
"Anthony J. Frolik" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 17 Feb 1995 06:59:33 -0600
I didn't see anyone else post this, so I will.  I got the old SI swimsuit
issue today (Hmm, maybe that's why no one noticed it...;)) and there is
an article in the "Sports People" section about Mike Grier.  It talks
about the racism he encountered in his early years of hockey and also of
his achievements this year.  It notes that he was in the "Faces in the
crowd" section of SI June 18, 1984.  He scored 227 goals in 2 seasons
with the Holliston Mites. (No state mentioned.)  It also has a big
picture of Grier standing in front of the Merrimack net with a Merrimack
defenseman draped on him.

Anthony J. Frolik                            University of Minnesota Duluth
Go Bulldogs!                                   9-14-4 WCHA, 12-15-4 Overall
            My views are not representative of the University.