Sender:
From:
John Haeussler <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 31 Mar 1994 08:03:00 PST
>Someone recently posted a quote which they thought showed what
>kind of classy guy Steve Shields is.

Not exactly.  I made the post, and I thought Shields' comment
on the Lakers was a nice touch.  I didn't intend to imply that
Shields is [or isn't] a "classy guy".  That's a debate that I'll
leave for a Shields fan to pick up.

>Well, I would like to offer up a quote for you to think about.
>        After the LSSU-UMich game Shields was quoted as saying
>"I think we saw the championship game out there tonight."

I've seen it, and I understand it and agree with it.  It certainly can
be motivation for BU [and Harvard and Minnesota], but I believe
it was meant as a tribute to Michigan and Lake Superior rather
than a slight to the others.  Michigan and LSSU are the two best
teams that Shields has seen this season.  I'd even say that they
are the two best teams I've seen this season...and that includes
BU and Minnesota.

BTW...this isn't meant to imply that I think the Lakers will take
the title.  I believe the emotional struggle with Michigan may
have taken too much out of them.  I have to believe this game
was more intense than any of the other quarterfinals...including
the Minn-UML double overtime affair.  BU has to be the overall
favorite, Minnesota is playing in their backyard and LSSU-HU
is a toss-up.

>        Oh really?
>
>        I think Steve will be happy to know that the real championship
>game is being carried on ESPN...for him to watch.
>
>        Thanks for the inspiration,
>                        Dan Fischer
>                        Be yoU
>                        GO TERRIERS!