From:
Richard Hungerford <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Richard Hungerford <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 22 Mar 1993 15:37:40 EST
I agree with most of the postings, the seedings this year look fair.
I think Miami and Minnesota-Duluth have a right to complain they were
seeded somewhat low.  From my view, the difference would have been
that Miami would have gotten the bye, and Michigan would have played
Brown, while Duluth would have gotten the bye, and Lake Superior
would have played Wisconsin.  However, looking at the overall
pairings, I think every conference got something, and in the end
no one has an easy draw.

I was happy that Brown was seeded.  I thought they along with
Dartmouth, Princeton and Clarkson wre the best men's teams I saw
at Bright this year.

I thought the Harvard seed was somewhat high, but getting a hot
Northern Michigan makes up for that.

I agree with Lloyd and others, that Aaron Israel and Tripp Tracy are
close in talent.  I prefer Israel.

Wouldn't it be nice to play the important matches of the year on good
ice?  I know economics is the reason why not - nevertheless.

I have not been posting much about Harvard because in general I prefer
to be a positive poster.  But, having heard Coach Tomassoni and others
refer to the current Harvard team as a skating team yet again, I can't
take it.  The Crimson has gotten progressively slower for the last
four years.  The players do have the ability to move, but the style
of play is such, that most of the time their movement is meaningless.
I love to watch Ted Drury and Steve Martins motor forward on an
offensive rush.  That does not happen very often.  I see most of
Drury's energy used in backchecking, and making up for his linemates
lack of ability.  Martins, as most teams know, is a diver.  Why he
wastes his time with that I do not know.  The big problem with Harvard
is there is no offensive plan.  Periodically you see them lost because
of that.  "The offense will take care of itself" - right.

Excuse my irritation.

Bonne chance to all of the seeds,

/
 good shooting