Date:
Wed, 1 Apr 1992 22:20:00 EST
Readers:
        I am going to support Lawrence and his opinions on the Thruway.  I am
a student at State University of New York at Plattsburgh, and my permanent
residence is in Webster, NY.  (Just outside of Rochester.)  Needless to say,
I have done my share of driving on the thruway in bad weather.

        I would suggest taking rte. 20 which parallels the thruway into
Albany.  The pace is a little slower, and the road is well kept.  The drawback
is that there are all sorts of little towns along the way.

        Good luck.

Eric Kreckel