From:
Bill Schneller <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 1 May 2005 09:31:45 -0400
I too joined the list in 1994.  It has been responsible for, among other
things, giving non-geeks like myself the motivation to figure out how to do
many things with email and PCs (back when it was unusual for someone to
have a 'puter on their desk and even fewer had one at home.)

It's also given me the chance to learn about teams beyond my own,
traditions, to keep up on the latest news, to learn why you use hot water
in a Zamboni, given me a better understanding of statistics than two
undergrad semesters ever did and, most importantly, to learn that there are
many, many others (some even sicker than my wife thinks I am) who build
their winter around this game we love.

So thank you to Wayne Smith, Mike Machnik, all the list administrators who
have helped out over the years and everyone who contributes to making this
the place for civil discussion of college hockey.   I look forward to 15 more.
- Bill