From:
Bill Fenwick <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Bill Fenwick <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 8 Jul 2003 01:22:31 -0400
As I'm sure most of the free world knows by now, Cornell All-American,
Hobey Baker finalist, and
probably-the-best-bleeping-collegiate-goaltender-I'll-ever-see David
LeNeveu has foregone his final two years of eligibility to sign a
multi-year contract with the Phoenix Coyotes.  The contract is rumored to
be worth in the neighborhood of $3 million -- which, let's face it, is a
pretty nice neighborhood.  Best of luck, David, and thanks for a lot of
amazing memories.

LeNeveu's somewhat unexpected departure (apparently, Phoenix wasn't really
negotiating with him until about two weeks ago) leaves the Big Red a bit
green between the pipes, with senior Todd Marr having seen action in four
career games (all last season) and sophomore Louis Chabot having been in
just one, for three minutes.  Cornell lost little time in getting a third
goaltender, though, picking up Dave McKee of the Texas Tornado (NAHL).  My
understanding is that McKee was originally slated to join Cornell for the
2004-05 season.

A goaltender from Texas... well, when you've already had one from Australia
(Jason Elliott), nothing seems strange anymore...

Here's a link to the USCHO article on David LeNeveu:
http://www.uscho.com/news/2003/07/02_006821.php

Bill Fenwick                                                 DJF   5/27/94
Cornell '86 and '95                                          JCF   12/2/97
LET'S GO RED!!
My wife says I pay more attention to hockey than I do to our marriage, which
is of course ridiculous... after all, we've been together for 11 seasons...