From:
Bill Schneller <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Bill Schneller <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 14 Nov 1998 09:19:14 -0500
First, to answer Dick Tuthill's question, I think every regular season HE
game I've seen in a home and home series has been followed by a handshake.
My memory tells me that post-season it's not necessarily SOP but I can't
think of a particular instance.

Interestingly, after last night's Minn Duluth at Providence match (with a
second game tonight,) some Bulldog players started leaving the surface
while the Friars began forming a line at center ice. So maybe things are
done differently out west? Eventually everyone did join in the pleasantries
and congratulated their opponent on their fine efforts and gentlemanly
conduct.

I've always found it interesting after an emotional contest to watch which
coach makes the first move to shake the other's hand.

-Bill
[log in to unmask]                             MStL linemate and friend 1955-1998 RIP