From:
"Edward N. Moller" <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Thu, 27 Feb 1997 16:52:11 -0800
Consultant wrote on Thu, 27 Feb 1997 13:33:47 EST:

> Finally, this appears possibly the first time Jack Parker's squad might
> play both Friday and Saturday nights in Worcester to make the Phinal Phour.
> Any concerns from Commonwealth Avenue over this?

I will echo what Paul Gentile said about 1990, when BU beat Michigan at
Walter Brown Arena in two straight, and then upset Michigan State at
Munn Arena the following weekend in a best of three.

Obviously there are concerns when you consider that any team playing on
Friday has a severe disadvantage on Saturday.  BU's biggest problem
right now is maintaining stability in the ranks.  Mike Grier's early
departure was expected, as was Chris O'Sullivan's.  The problem with
O'Sullivan was that he took so long to decide whether he would go pro.

BU's class of 1999, which started with 5 quality recruits, is now down
to 2.  The injury to Travis Roy will affect the program in many ways for
years.  Scott King's and Brendan Walsh's exits have taken their toll.
And you cannot discount John Hynes's career-ending injury.  Hynes was a
fourth line center who could easily be second line for many teams.

When you consider the losses BU has incurred, combined with the way
opponents motivate themselves against them, it is encouraging that the
Terriers have performed as well as they have.  To say that not earning a
first-round bye is a disappointment for this team speaks volumes about
the quality of the program.

 *    Edward Moller, Controller     |      Tel:  (617) 928-4515        *
 *        Mount Ida College         |      Fax:  (617) 928-4706        *
 *     Newton, MA  02159-3323       |    Email:  [log in to unmask]    *