From:
Todd Cooper <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Todd Cooper <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 6 Mar 1995 12:10:27 -0500

> Attendance plays a big part in the underdog's success; the Princeton wins
> over Vermont and Colgate were played in front of crowds well below
> capacity, as was the Yale win over Princeton in '90. If anyone has attendance
> figures for the other games, I suspect they will bear me out. If I had to
> pick the greatest upset of all of these, it would be Yale over Princeton in '90;
> Princeton had Andre Faust and Mike McKee (both made the NHL), a pair
> of 18-goal scorers up front in Mark Khozozian and Greg Polaski, and the defense
> included Sean Gorman (spent a year in the IHL), Sverre Sears (just called
> up to the IHL), Jeff Kampersal (had a cup of coffee in the AHL), and
> Andy Cesarski (represented the U.S. in the World University Games, played
> in the Olympic Sports Festival, etc.) in addition to McKee. Yale had Ray
> Latourneau in goal and not a whole lot more - and had lost to Princeton by
> three goals twice during the regular season, including a 6-3 decision at
> Ingalls on the Saturday before the playoff game. Letourneau made 19 saves
> in the third period to clinch the Yale win.
>
> Only 1,032 fans were on hand for the Yale '90 win.
I assume that the game was played at Princeton.  From my memory,
Colgate almost always wins with home ice. Starr Rink will be packed
almost beyond the fire codes. If crowds have something to do with it,
it is advantageous for Colgate to have gotten home ice. UVM will be a
tough game since they lost to them twice.  With all fairly equal
strength of the ECAC play, the whole playoff picture will be
interesting.  I don't see many upsets, but the Colgate-UVM game will
be interesting. I wish I could be there.

Also interesting is the
> Vermont 0-3

It would be interesting to see the statistics for years further back
(although I know the playoff rules were different)

Todd Cooper (Colgate '85)
LET'S GO 'GATE!

+++++ Just leaving a new exciting signature. ++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
Todd Cooper ([log in to unmask]) Voice: +1-508-366-3888x3282 Fax: +1-508-366-3669
Snail Mail: Vmark Software, 50 Washington Street, Westboro, MA 01581-1021 USA